Sunday, March 25, 2007

spring is here?

It's a beautiful day today with the sun shining and the sky a gorgeous blue.
Joe and I did our mall walk and now I am back to get my day started. Went
outside for a few minutes and de weeded the flower boxes. Did you ever
notice that weeds grow even when and where nothing else does? Why is that?
I have a few things on the knitting needles and a few things under the
sewing needle. I need to finish the baby quilt, and the bibs. I am also
making a wall hanging for said baby.
On the knitting needles I have sock #2 in the burgundy, a drop stitch shawl
and a washcloth for the mundane knitting. When I get camera savvy I will do
pictures.
On knitters review someone gave a pattern for a mini pin by knitting a small
swatch splitting it between 2 tooth picks adding a bead to each toothpick
and putting a pin on the back. Soooooo that will be my next mini project.
On my way home from my volunteer job I stopped at Joannes to pick up the pin
backs and beads so I am set to go.
At knitting on Tuesday I got the revised edition of the croc socks to do on
3 needles so after I finish the one now I am going to attempt to do those
with a pattern. Wish me luck.
My Tuesday group " The Knutty Knitters" is a serious group meaning we do
knit, go on knitting adventures, exchange patterns but mostly enjoy each
other's company. We have been together for 3 years and there is no sign of
disbanding.
My Wednesday group , no name, on the other hand has only 2 serious members.
Me and Bridie. We are the only two who really knit at the meeting. The
others, gab, all at one time I might add, and enjoy their wine. I'm
surprised they let me in as I am the only non- Catholic, non-Irish,
non-drinking youngest member of them. I have been in this group for about a
year and enjoy it as well. So you can see I belong to 2 very diverse
knitting groups and love them both. I am lucky.
I hope I haven't bored anyone. Believe it or not I am funnier in person
when there is interaction going on.
So everyone have a good day and I will write again soon.
where did I go wrong? I know. Too large a needle or too small a needle.
But I love'em anyway.

No comments: