Thursday, March 29, 2007

Picture this---not

After a few hours on Sunday of trying to post pictures on this blog I have
decided picture showing is not in the future for this blogger. We have an
older computer but I don't know if that is the problem but I am going to be
picture less for a while. It was very disappointing but I will blog on for
now.
Today has been a blah day although I can't say why. I have turned the heel
on my second classic sock, worked some on my lacy shawl and finished a
mystery novel I was reading. My plan as of last night was to go out this
morning to clean the flower beds but upon checking the temperature and the
wind gave up that idea. Tuesday and Wednesday would have been ideal but I
had my two knitting groups to attend and a quilt shop to visit for my first
block of the month.
At my Tuesday knitting group the "knutty Knitters" we had a lively
discussion about the right way to do the heel flap as to the purl stitch.
Three of us do it one way and two do it another way. It looks the same so
we each will keep to our own way of doing it as the results are the same.
Eileen brought a shawl she was working on called the candlestick pattern?
With the yarn she chose it looked just like the feathers of a peacock. What
a beauty.
I didn't get much done on Wednesday as I was helping Mary review the
crochet stitches for a granny afghan.
I got my first block of the month and I'm liking the sampler patterns but
finding a background fabric for the blocks so the florals can jump out is
proving to be a little difficult. But I need to persevere as the block is
due on the 25th of April, completed so I can get the next one free of
charge. My type of quilt.
Have a good day everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a busy lady, thanks for taking time with me on Wednesday. And I apologize I forgot to ask if there was a new baby yet. Love reading your blog. PAT

Knittingknutty said...

It took me for forever to learn how to post pictures. My husband had to show me over and over agin. I know he wanted to pull his hair out. Good luck.

clothesknit said...

You can do the pics. I promise!!! The easiest way is to get a free photo-hosting account with Photobucket or Flickr. Once you upload the pic they'll generate the html code for you and you simply have to copy and paste into your post. if you have any questions, ask! :o)